January 26, 2012

Critique: Gel Perfect


Nutra Nail Gel Perfect (I bought it in Orchid). I first saw this product in Cosmo believe it or not. The other day I actually stumbled upon it in the grocery store. Some kind stranger left a coupon sitting by the display so I figured I’d try it! The Gel perfect package was only $10 before the coupon and in my opinion well worth it!

So here’s what it comes with... 3 bottles: An activator, the Gel color, and the cleaner. And most importantly it comes with helpful instructions on how to do the application right. It actually is quite simple. It probably only took me about 15 minutes to complete. The best part is... it’s not just for one use! You can use it until the gel color runs out! Which looks like probably about 15-20 uses. You just have to make sure the Activator doesn’t dry out.

Pro: the packaging does not lie... it literally dries in 5 minutes, maybe even less. This is perfect for doing nails right before bed or as a last minute thought in your getting ready routine.

Con: I thought it was going to be tougher... thought it was kind of a Shellac alternative. However, it pretty much chips just the same as regular nail polish. I think if I had more time I would have applied a clear topcoat (which kind of defeats the purpose of a fast drying nail application, but you can always do the gel perfect now and top coat later!)


Overall, Nutra Nail Gel Perfect comes in some pretty great “staple” colors. I would suggest buying one of these packs and keeping it on hand just in case you need that final touch in a flash! My next pick would definitely be the bright red color because red nails will just never go out of style ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment