November 6, 2012

week 6: inspired by a game



Week 6 of the 52 Week Challenge theme is “Inspired by a Game". I couldn’t think of a good idea for the life of me and then I looked at my desk and saw my Rubik’s cube. Not really sure it is considers a game, but I love playing/sloving it :) My best solve time is 1:26. I had to paint it with nail polish because I used it so many times and the colors were wearing off. Anyways, so that was my inspiration!

Here is my left hand with the first two colors.





Here’s the added blue. I just took my time and did it freehand, but you could also use tape for straighter lines.



Then I used a black nail art polish to do black lines separating the colors.



Here’s the steps to the Rubik’s cube I did on my thumb with the black nail art polish.




Here is the right hand with the orange, white and green polish. Turned out pretty good I think!



These are the colors I used. From left to right they are:
Pull Over by Sinful Colors, Why Not by Sinful Colors, Lacquered Up by Essie, Limelight by Ulta, White On by Sally Hansen, and Orange, It’s Obvious! by Essie.


1 comment: